1. I'm originally from Stratford-On-Slaney, Co. Wicklow but now live in Navan, Co. Meath.
2. I was very young when I was born.
3. I have 3 brothers and 1 sister.
4. Author, Alan Early, gave me the idea of making this list.
5. I grew up on a farm but wouldn't know a hogget if one hit me in the face.
6. I once won a calf in a raffle.
7. I wrote two books before I was aged 10.
8. I never caused my mother any trouble.
9. I like art.
10. I wrote a thesis on Robert Cormier.
11. I like baked beans.
12. I am a primary school teacher.
13. I trained as a Matador de Toros and fought bulls in the Plaza de Toros de la Ventas in Madrid.
14. I can't swim or sing or play a musical instrument.
15. Did I mention I like baked beans?
16. My pupils publish their own books.
17. I have a Masters in Children's Literature.
18. I used to own an Atari 800xl. My first video game was The Adventures of Robin Hood.
19. I like rating and reviewing books. Here are some of my reviews for Inis Magazine, Amazon, and Goodreads.
20. I wrote an English textbook and co-wrote 4 Geography/Science textbooks for primary school.
21. I type with one finger, like a demented, pecking hen.
22. Sometimes I teach other teachers stuff about making books with kids.
23. I've written things which kids might not like - textbooks and exam papers.
24. I never believed in e-quaintances until I made some.
25. My favourites books are Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy and Patrick Ness' Chaos Walking trilogy.
26. I don't have tattoos but once got a piercing.
27. That piercing was in my ear, by the way.
28. In school productions, I played Scrooge, a frog, and a Shark (the gang type - West Side Story).
29. I was addicted to Tomb Raider for a while.
30. I love movies and plays.
32. I have a poor sense of direction.
33. I can't spell squirrell.
34. I once got a blue belt in karate, and now have a black belt for holding my trousers up.
35. My Code Crackers series of books was inspired by the Choose-Your-Own-Adventures and game books popular in the 80's.
36. I am an honorary member of The Black Lotus.
37. I illustrated my Code Crackers series. Here are some of my illustrations.
38. I love all things Japanese.
39. Favourite colour used to be purple. Now I'm not so sure.
40. Favourite music: Damian Rice, Galia Arad
41. I'm married and have two children.
42. Favourite artist: Jack B Yeats